Monday, December 9, 2013

Clash of the Eye Primers: Urban Decay Primer Potion vs Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base

So what do eye primers do...I mean what is their function exactly? So far as all the key words regarding this makeup product is concerned, they are 'long lasting', 'more true to color, pigmented' and 'prevents creasing'.

Now its true that these do all the above to some capacity. Obviously every individual's skin type if different. Very oily eyelids  may need a cream eyeshadow or something extra, some people may find that its just the same anyway.

So here I want to put 2 primers to the test...one, the giant of all primers- the all famous UDPP and the other the lesser known the Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base.

On the left: UDPP (sample size)
On the right: Essence Base (full size)

So I picked up some random Revlon 12 hour Colorstay eyeshadows and swatched them without any base:


I picked 3 shades, a light one, a medium toned and a dark shade.


Now I applied UDPP and then swatched them again on the top:

Clearly they look more saturated.

With the Essence Base:

And clearly, not much difference if at all between the effect of 
both primers.

Then I went on with my stuff and after about 4 hours:

The Urban Decay Primer Potion still going strong with slight fading. 

The Essence Primer also held up only with a hint of slightly more fading than UDPP.

Conclusion: The UDPP performed better, but marginally and with the cost of the Essence Base being 5 times less than the UDPP, its a pretty good alternative. The choice is yours.





















No comments:

Post a Comment